Friday, August 1, 2014

Mix79 Glued (or gelled in this case)

Good morning.  I have been up since about 4 am this morning, so I decided to come down to my crap room and play.  I looked at today's challenges on Splitcoaststampers and thought it was the perfect opportunity to get inky!  First I played along with the mixability challenge, which today is to use glue or gel medium and inks, paints, gelato's or re-inkers.  I decided to use my gel medium mixed with a drop of melon mambo re-inker.  It is a bit too bubble gummy for me and I wish I had used a different color, but oh well.  I also used a new (to me) stencil from Memory Box.  It is quite intricate and I think I was a little rough putting down my gel medium over the stencil, as my coverage is not great, but I guess it adds to the overall design.  I added the black scallop strips to tie in with the black sentiment and thread.  It is quite glossy in real life, but my photo doesn't capture it.  It took quite a bit of time to dry, so while I waited for that, I played along with the free for all challenge too!!  That post will be up next.  Enjoy your weekend!!


Here is the link to today's challenge:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mix-ability-challenge-f390/mix79-glued-t590054.html

TTFN
Dawn

supplies:
watercolor paper, black, white cardstock
stencil by Memory Box
Faber-castell gel medium
melon mambo re-inker by Stampin' Up
Sentiment by PTI - mega mixed messages
scallop border punch by SU

No comments:

Post a Comment