Monday, March 3, 2014

Natural Neutrals

It is a jammie kind of day today.  It is March 3rd and we have a snow day here in Virginia.  I don't know about you, but I am ready for Spring!!

Anyway, today's CAS challenge on Splitcoaststampers is to use neutrals with a dessert option of using a natural element.  I think I have it covered, although the end result didn't exactly come out on paper as I envisioned.  Not as clean and simple as I was hoping for.  First I used a woodgrain stencil by Prima and some light modeling paste.  Once the paste was dry, I sponged on some antique linen and gathered twigs distress ink.  I die cut some leaves using a die from Papertrey Ink and some new burlap paper that I picked up.  It is backed with paper and quite sturdy.  I sponged some distress ink over the leaves then popped them up on my card.  I added my sentiment and that was it.

Well, I hope you are all warm and cozy.


This weeks CAS challenge can be found here:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/cas262-neutrals-3-3-14-a-t584904.html

Thanks for stopping by!

TTFN

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment