Monday, February 10, 2014

Thinking of You

I had a little bit of free time today and decided to play along with Splitcoaststampers technique lovers challenge.  I love alcohol inks, but don't use them very often so today's challenge was just the push I needed to get them out and play along.  The challenge was to use your alcohol inks on glossy paper and then either using canned air or a straw (I used a straw) blow the ink around the page and then smoosh another piece of glossy paper on top of it.  Then you were to die cut it, so I reached for my Turning a New Leaf die set (also hasn't seen any love in a very long time!) and cut it out.  I used a variety of inks and a bit of silver and I love how it turned out!  I stamped my image in gray, popped my die cut leaves up and colored some gems using a spectrum noir pen and that was it!  I will definitely be trying this technique again.


That's it for today!  Thanks for looking and have a great day :)

TTFN

Dawn

supplies:
alcohol inks: lettuce, willow, meadow and silver
die by Papertrey Ink
sentiment: botanical silhouettes by Papertrey Ink
gems from Hobby Lobby

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Dawn! I love what you did with this technique. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete